Director, Modern Hebrew and Israel Studies Program
Ph.D., 1980, Princeton
- What We Talk about When We Talk about Hebrew (and What It Means to Americans), edited by Naomi B. Sokoloff and Nancy E. Berg (University of Washington Press, 2018)
- Naomi Sokoloff, "Rereading David Grossman’s See Under : Love," Prooftexts 35:1 (2015): 1-12.
- “Israel in Jewish American Literature.” In The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Jewish American Literature. Ed. Hannah Wirth. Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Naomi Sokoloff, The Boundaries of Jewish Identity, Co-edited with Susan Glenn (University of Washington Press, 2010).
- Naomi Sokoloff, The Jewish Presence in Children's Literature. Edited, with an introduction, with Suzanne Rahn. A special issue of The Lion and the Unicorn 27, 3 (September 2003 - Johns Hopkins University Press)
- Naomi Sokoloff, Gender and Text in Modern Hebrew and Yiddish Literature. Edited, with Anne Lapidus Lerner and Anita Norich (The Jewish Theological Seminary of America and Harvard, 1992).
- Naomi Sokoloff, Imagining the Child in Modern Jewish Fiction (Johns Hopkins University Press, 1992).
HONORS 345a - Seattle: Reading and Writing the City
- A new volume of articles celebrates Modern Hebrew language - March 22, 2018
- Prof. Naomi Sokoloff Co-directs a Conference on Israeli Literature @70 - March 21, 2018