Director, Turkish and Ottoman Studies Program
Ph.D., 2000, NELC, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
M.A. 1993, Boğaziçi University, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü, İstanbul, Turkey
- Kuru, Selim S. "Şehrengiz: Urban Rituals and Deviant Sufi Mysticism in Ottoman İstanbul." Bulletin Of The School Of Oriental & African Studies 79, no. 1 (February 2016): 190-192.
- Kuru, Selim Sirri. "Producing Desire: Changing Sexual Discourses in the Ottoman Middle East 1500–1900." Journal Of The Economic & Social History Of The Orient 51, no. 4 (December 2008): 675-679.
- Kuru, Selim S. "Sex in the Text: Deli Birader's Dâfi'ü 'l-gumûm ve Râfi'ü 'l-humûm and the Ottoman Literary Canon." Middle Eastern Literatures 10, no. 2 (August 2007): 157-174.
- "Les gitons d’Istanbul à la fin du XVIII e siècle: Extrait du Hubanname d’Enderunlu Fazıl bey," co-edited with Irvin Cemil Schick, in Les Ottomans par eux-memes, edited by Elisabetta borromeo and Nicolas Vatin (Paris, France: Les Belles Lettres, 2019)
- Kuru, Selim S., "Generic Desires: Homoerotic Love in Ottoman Turkish Poetry," in Homeorotic Desire in Islam and Christianity: 12th-20th centuries edited by Umberto Grassi (Rome, Italy: Viella English Series, 2019)
- "Les gitons d’Istanbul à la fin du XVIII e siècle: Extrait du Hubanname d’Enderunlu Fazıl bey," co-edited entry in Les Ottomans par eux-memes, edited by Elizabetta Borromeo and Nicolas Vatin (Paris, France: Les Belles Lettres, 2019)
- Turks in Germany: A Panel on a Documentary Film - November 29, 2018
- DEATH OF POLITICS: Turkey in 21st Century with Professor Reşat Kasaba - September 24, 2018
- NELC-PISP Presents Third Iran Film Initiative in collaboration with SIFF 2018 - May 17, 2018
- Graduate Student Conference in Middle East Studies - May 9, 2018
- Streetwise Istanbul with Meghan Sayres - April 11, 2018
- University of Washington inaugural Nowruz Celebration on Radio Iranshahr - March 22, 2018
- Ece Temelkuran: Turkish and Ottoman Studies Program Annual Lecture Series 2018 - March 21, 2018