Professor DeYoung was born and raised in Seattle. She has traveled, studied and lived in Egypt, Israel, the Sudan, Syria, and Morocco as well as all parts of the United States. She has published four books and more than forty peer-reviewed articles on topics related to Arabic language, literature and cultural history. She is currently at work on a project examining the works of Khalil Mutran, the great Egypto-Lebanese Romantic poet. At the beginning of 2017, she accepted a three-year position as Associate Editor for the Review of Middle East Studies. In Spring 2017, she was elected as a Faculty Senator, representing the Asian Languages and Literature, French and Italian Studies, Near Eastern Languages and Culture, and Spanish and Portuguese Studies Departments.
- Terri DeYoung, "Disguises of the Mind: Recent Palestinian Memoirs" REVIEW OF MIDDLE EAST STUDIES, (April 2017): 5-21.
- Terri DeYoung, "Ibn: Hazm: Friendship, Love and the Quest for Justice," Muhsin J. Musawi (ed.), ARABIC LITERATURE FOR THE CLASSROOM, Routledge, 2017: 237-253.
- Terri DeYoung (trans.) and Issa J. Boullata (trans.), THREE TREATISES ON THE I'JAZ OF THE QUR'AN: by Al-Khattabi, al-Rummani and 'Abd al-Qahir al-Jurjani, Garnet Publishing, 2015, 147 pages.
- Terri DeYoung, MAHMUD SAMI AL-BARUDI: RECONFIGURING SOCIETY AND THE SELF, Syracuse University Press, 2015, 423 pages.
- “Muhammad as Ethical Role Model,” Muhammad in History, Thought, and Culture: An Encyclopedia of the Prophet of God (2 volumes). Ed Coeli Fitzpatrick. & Adam Walker (Santa Barbara: ABC Clio Press, 2014): 169-173.
- Terri DeYoung, "Mahfouz's Novels and the Nation," Wail S. Hassan (ed.) and Susan Mu'addi Darraj (ed.), APPROACHES TO TEACHING THE WORKS OF NAGUIB MAHFOUZ, The Modern Language Association of America, 2012
- Terri DeYoung (trans.) and Issa J. Boullata (trans.), IBN 'ABD RABBIH: THE UNIQUE NECKLACE (AL-'IQD AL-FARID), Vol. III. Garnet Publishing, 2011, 317 pages.
- Terri DeYoung and Mary St. Germain (eds.), ESSAYS IN ARABIC LITERARY BIOGRAPHY, 925-1350, Harrassowitz Verlag, 2011, 371 pages
- Terri DeYoung (trans.) and Issa J. Boullata (trans.), IBN 'ABD RABBIH: THE UNIQUE NECKLACE, VOL. II, Garnet Publishing, 2009, 327 pages.
- Terri DeYoung, PLACING THE POET: BADR SHAKIR AL-SAYYAB AND POSTCOLONIAL IRAQ, State University of New York Press, 1998, 325 pages.
- Terri DeYoung and Issa J. Boullata (eds.), TRADITION AND MODERNITY IN ARABIC LITERATURE: ESSAYS IN MEMORY OF MOUNAH A. KHOURI, University of Arkansas Press, 1997, 285 pages.